Alaska Railroad Announces Finalists of Catch the Train Photo Contest, Online Voting for Grandprize Winner Begins
Twelve photos from 11 Railroad fans in the running for top prize
ANCHORAGE, ALASKA – The Alaska Railroad announced the finalists of its Catch the Train Photo Contest, all of whom will be featured in the Railroad’s 12-month 2020 calendar. Voting is now open to the public via the Alaska Railroad Facebook page to choose the grandprize winner, who will receive the honor of the Alaska Railroad calendar’s cover, $1,500 and the Railroad’s Denali Getaways package. This package includes round-trip rail travel for four to Denali National Park and overnight accommodations at the Grande Denali Lodge.
The contest finalists are:
- Sara Bufkin of Cleveland, Mississippi
- Theodore Dickerson of Anchorage, Alaska
- Joanie Havenner of Anchorage, Alaska
- Sarah Ann Loreth of Nashua, New Hampshire
- Justin Low of Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Jessica Mears of Manhattan, Kansas
- Ian Mercuieff of Anchorage, Alaska
- Nandini Prabhakar of Round Rock, Texas
- Susanna Shanker of Eagle River, Alaska
- Riley Stefano of Boston, Massachusetts
- John Warn of Morrison, Colorado
These photos were selected based on artistic merit, originality, subject and style. In addition to having their photo featured as a month of the upcoming calendar, the finalists will have their photo displayed in the Alaska Railroad’s 2019 Panoramas onboard magazine and receive rail travel for two on the trip of their choice.
Online voting is open now through Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019, and can be accessed through a tab on the Alaska Railroad Facebook page (www.facebook.com/alaskarailroad). The grandprize winner will be announced on or around Monday, Jan. 14, 2019.
In This Issue
The Top 5 of the Top 100
Every job counts, which is why Alaska Business celebrates the corporations in Alaska that keep people employed across the state every April in our Corporate 100 Special Section.