HOME | Industry | Mining | Millrock Enters Binding Letter Agreement Concerning Dragonslayer Copper-Gold Project

Millrock Enters Binding Letter Agreement Concerning Dragonslayer Copper-Gold Project

Sep 25, 2019 | Mining, News

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA—Millrock Resources signed a binding letter agreement whereby First Quantum Minerals Limited (FQML) has been granted the exclusive right to enter an option agreement on Millrock’s Dragonslayer porphyry copper-gold project in eastern Alaska. To earn the right FQML is funding geochemical surveys, mapping, and prospecting to a value of $100,000. Results are anticipated in October. The work is focused on a geophysical anomaly located in a belt of Cretaceous-aged rocks that have demonstrated potential for copper porphyry deposits. The geophysical anomaly consists of a conductive zone surrounding a magnetic high in a low-lying area with little outcrop exposure. The target was detected using an airborne ZTEM and magnetic susceptibility survey. Upon receipt of the current exploration survey results, FQML will have until December 31, 2019 to exercise its exclusive right to enter an option to joint venture agreement with the following business terms:

To exercise the first option to earn a 51 percent interest, FQML must make exploration expenditures and cash payments as listed in the table below:

Table courtesy of Millrock

After the initial earn-in, FQML can increase its interest to 70 percent by defining a NI 43-101 compliant Inferred Resource of at least 1 million tonnes of contained copper equivalent (a “Resource”) and filing a qualifying report on SEDAR documenting that Resource, provided it continues to sole-finance the project until a Resource has been filed on SEDAR.

After vesting with a 70 percent interest, FQML may elect to exercise a third option to earn another 10 percent interest in the project, bringing their total interest to 80 percent. To complete the third option, FQML will sole-fund the project through permitting and construction until commercial production is achieved, including funding Millrock’s proportionate share of funding on behalf of Millrock. All funding advanced by FQML on behalf of Millrock’s proportionate share of funding will be repayable by Millrock from proceeds from production. If FQML does not exercise the third earn-in, then Millrock must co-contribute its proportional share of expenditures to maintain its 30 percent interest in the property.

The Dragonslayer project consists of sixty State of Alaska mining claims recently staked by Millrock. The mineral rights cover an area of 3,885 hectares.

Current Issue

January 2020

January 2020

Industry Sponsor

Become an Industry Sponsor

Alaska Business Magazine January 2020 cover

In This Issue

The Marx Bros. Café

January 2020

Jack Amon and Richard “Van” Hale opened the doors of the Marx Bros. Café on October 18, 1979; however, the two had already been partners in cuisine for some time, having created the Wednesday Night Gourmet Wine Tasting Society and Volleyball Team Which Now Meets on Sunday, a weekly evening of food and wine. It was actually the end of the weekly event that spurred the name of the restaurant: hours after its final service, Amon and Hale were hauling equipment and furnishings out of their old location and to their now-iconic building on Third Street, all while managing arguments about equipment ownership, a visit from the police, and quite a bit of wine. “If you’ve ever seen the movie ‘A Night at the Opera” starring the Marx Brothers, that’s what it was like,” Hale explains.

Share This