Northrim Bank Supports the University of Alaska with Annual Contribution
Northrim Bank is proud to support the work of the University of Alaska throughout the state. The bank provides an annual contribution to the University of Alaska and supports higher education as the backbone of a strong community. “We are proud to be able to continue our support for the University during challenging times,” says Northrim Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Joe Schierhorn. “We support the major academic units of the University and the community campuses where we have branch locations. We believe it is important to have a strong system for higher education that is accessible to many throughout Alaska,” he says.
The total contribution of $287,500 to the University of Alaska includes:
- UAA – College of Business & Public Policy, $5,000
- UAA – Institute of Social & Economic Research, $100,000
- UAA – Kenai Peninsula College, $5,000
- UAA – Mat-Su College, $5,000
- UAA – Seawolf Debate, $10,000
- UAA – Small Business Development Center, $50,000
- UAF – School of Management, $50,000
- UAS – Business & Public Policy Program $52,000
- UAS – Ketchikan Campus, $5,000
- UAS – Sitka Campus, $5,000
Norrthrim invests in the community and is proud to support organizations that are helping build a strong foundation for the future. By continuing its longstanding support of the University of Alaska and its programs, Northrim remains an advocate for higher education throughout Alaska.
In This Issue
2020 Best of Alaska Business Awards
Welcome to the 5th Annual Best of Alaska Business awards. First and foremost, thank you to our readers who took the time to nominate the businesses that you see provide exceptional services to Alaskans. We publish the results, but you awarded these businesses with recognition for the hard work they do in their very varied fields.