Right Moves Submission Guidelines
Alaska Business is happy to help you spread the word about Alaska hires, promotions, and professional certifications. Below are the guidelines and expectations you should have regarding Right Moves submissions for the website, social media, and print magazine.
- We only publish Right Moves announcements regarding Alaska positions, meaning physically in Alaska. For example, positions located in Seattle for an Alaska-owned or –operated business will not run on the website or in Right Moves.
- We publish announcements regarding new hires, promotions, and professional certifications. We do not publish information about positions that are voluntary, nonpaid, or for any organization’s board members.
- Right Moves announcements without an accompanying head shot will not be published online or in the print magazine.
- Right Moves announcements must be submitted in a Word document.
- At the discretion of our social media manager, some Right Moves announcements are published on Facebook and occasionally on Twitter. This cannot be requested.
- All entries are edited to meet our house style.
- There is no cost to submit a Right Moves announcement.
Word Counts/Photo Info
- Right Moves announcements of any word count can be submitted.
- When published to the website, the full announcement will be published.
- When published in the Right Moves section of the print magazine, the entries will be edited to 65 words or less. Emphasis will be placed on the new hire’s position, duties, education, and work history.
- The optimal photo resolution is 1800 x 1200 pixels or 3×5 inches by 300DPI.
- Photos can be in black & white or color.
- Images must be submitted as a separate file from the text. Do not embed images in the Word document.
- Once received, Right Moves announcements are published on the website generally within two to three business days.
- Right Moves announcements are published in the magazine in the order in which they are received. At present they are running in the magazine approximately two months after they are received, for example announcements received in May 2019 were published in print in July 2019.
- If the text and photo are not submitted together, this may delay publication online and in print.
Please submit all Right Moves announcements to [email protected]. This email is monitored by Editor/ Staff writer Scott Rhode. His direct line is 907-257-2902 for additional questions.