- This event has passed.
Why Mental Wellbeing and Suicide Prevention Are Leadership Issues in Construction
September 16 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Before COVID-19, construction and society had a mental health, substance misuse, and suicide problem. The unprecedented uncertainty of COVID-19 created major stress, anxiety, fear, and worries among workers and their families. Alaska as the fourth highest rate of suicide. This session focuses on why these topics are a leadership imperative for leaders at all levels throughout the Alaska construction industry and other high risk industries, such as fishing, maritime, mining, oil and gas, exploration, forestry, and manufacturing.
Learn what you can do to help promote mental wellbeing and reduce risk of substance misuse and suicide in your company and your industry.
- Demonstrate how to break the stigma of mental health and suicide
- Illustrate why mental health and suicide prevention are workplace issues
- Identify the industry and demographic risk factors that lead to suicide
- How to incorporate suicide prevention into safety, health, and wellness culture
- Recognize the resources for employers to address these topics with employees and families
The webinar is being hosted by the Alaska State Suicide Prevention Council and AGC of Alaska.
Participants are limited to 500.