- This event has passed.
ROAR: Reclaim, Own And Renew – A Virtual Conference for Alaska Women
May 7 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree
May is Women’s Health Month and SEARHC invites you to join us in celebrating and uplifting women at our 3rd Annual ROAR Women’s Conference. Join us in this FREE virtual event and be inspired by professional women sharing real strategies to promote a healthy balance of mind, body and spirit. The recent pandemic has taught us about dealing with adversity and our resilience when faced with unprecedented challenges. The ROAR conference focuses on empowering women to realize their potential to thrive.
Safely gather with your closest family and friends and settle in for a live stream event that will encourage inner strength and empowerment through these powerful women:
- Mentorship and Ancestry – Dr. Rosita Worl, President, Sealaska Heritage Institute
- Pandemic Fatigue and Self Care – Kelly Williamson, SEARHC Senior Manager of Outpatient Program
- True Peace and Calm – Sherry Patterson, ROAR Women’s Conference Chair and Visionary
- The Art of Affirmations – Christina Michelle, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Life Coach and Radio Host
- Yoga for All Bodies – Jessica Rhodes, SEARHC Interim Marketing Director
- Preparing Healthy Meals – Theresa Reynolds, SEARHC Community Dietician
- Women’s Gynecological Health – Martha Pearson, SEARHC Director of Health Promotions and Dr. Melissa Hardesty, Gynecology Specialist
- Leadership Welcome – Leatha Merculieff, SEARHC Senior Vice President and Chief of Operations
- Adverse Childhood Experiences – Val Davidson, Interim President, ANTHC
- Boundaries and Safety – Vera Starbard, Alaska Native Author, Editor and Playwright
- Dance Presentation – Eleanor Roehl, “Rescue” music by Lauren Daigle