Alaska Businesses Selected for Opportunity Alaska: China Trade Mission
Fisheries, tourism, mining, timber, finance and more comprise trade delegation
JUNEAU, AK—Governor Bill Walker announced the delegation for Opportunity Alaska: China Trade Mission, which will include fisheries, tourism, and investment businesses, as well as a baby food maker, an architecture firm, and a university.
The group, which departs in May, will represent some of the best Alaska has to offer, and highlights the wide scope of our shared interests with our largest trade partner. From fresh crab air-lifted to Shanghai, to international shipping routes, to Beijing tourists traveling to see the northern lights in Fairbanks, Alaska’s economic powerhouses have ties that span the Pacific. The delegation will travel with a mission to empower Alaska businesses at home and abroad by reinforcing Alaska’s reputation for unique products and incredible experiences in the world’s largest consumer market.
Opportunity Alaska: China Trade Mission Delegation
- A2A Railway Development Corporation
- Alaska Pacific University
- Alaska Skylar Travel
- Alyeska Resort & Hotel Alyeska
- Anchorage Economic Development Corporation
- Bambino’s Baby Food
- Bering Straits Native Corporation
- Borealis Basecamp
- Chena Hot Springs Resort and Holdings
- Copper River Seafoods
- Denali Visions 3000 (49th State Brewing Co.)
- Explore Fairbanks
- Fairbanks Economic Development Corporation
- Golden Harvest Alaska Seafood
- Icicle Seafoods
- Kachemak Bay Seafoods
- Mat-Su Borough
- Mat-Su Economic Development Corporation
- Nana Regional Corporation
- PT Capital, LLC
- RIM Architects & Design, LLC
- Sealaska Corporation
- Trident Seafoods
- Trilogy Metals US Inc.
- Visit Anchorage
The delegation, including Governor Bill Walker, will travel to China May 19 through May 30, 2018, to meet economic partners, engage with key decision makers, expand Alaska markets, and meet potential customers, industry, and government officials.