ANC Airport June 2016 Update
1. Lake Hood Seaplane Base Master Plan Update:
a. Final Advisory Committee Meeting held May 25th to discuss the draft development plan and capital improvement phasing plan. Meeting materials and presentation will be posted on the project website by June 3rd. Project team will be drafting the Master Plan report throughout the summer, with a public review draft expected to be released this fall.
b. Visit www.lhdmasterplan.com for information and to send comments, questions and request to receive notifications/updates.
2. Lake Hood Seaplane Base:
a. The State of Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation (ADEC) has issued a pesticide permit to the Alaska Department of Natural Resources (DNR) for the application of aquatic pesticides to control nuisance aquatic vegetation in Lakes Hood and Spenard. The permit is effective from May 2016 through December 2020.
a. Construction of Sushi on the Fly and Kiosk bar in Concourse C is underway and will open end of June.
b. Chili’s restaurant has been rebranded to Pork and Pickle, which is a barbeque themed restaurant and is now open.
c. Construction of a lounge in the Concourse C mezzanine area to complement the native art displays is underway and will open in July.
d. Construction of an Alaska Outfitters store by Concourse B bag claim 5 will be complete this summer.
e. InMotion is updating with a new look. Construction expected to be complete in June.
f. Silver Gulch is in the process of expanding their seating area to accommodate more passengers. Construction is underway and expected to be completed by the first week in June.
4. Runway 15/33 Closure: The North/South runway will be closed for preventative maintenance with an estimated timeframe from June 10 through June 24, from approximately 8:00 am to 7:00 pm, Monday through Saturday. This will likely result in more aircraft departures to the East over mid-town Anchorage and more noise impact to the community during those times.
5. Passenger Screening Wait Times: Increased wait times are expected for passengers in TSA’s passenger screening lines this summer season. Travelers are advised to arrive at the airport at least two hours prior to departure time. All lanes are expected to be staffed and operational during the peak times.
6. Community Flight Tracker: The Airport is now providing an online application that enables the community to track aircraft flight patterns over their residences. This is one of the measures identified and approved by the FAA in the recently completed FAR Part 150 Noise Compatibility Study. It will enable residents of Anchorage to determine, in many cases, what aircraft are flying over them 24 hours a day in "near real time", including information such as the airline, aircraft type, the flight path, the altitude and the origin and destination communities. The application can currently be found at www.anchorageairport.com in the News and Highlights section; a Users Guide is also available to assist the public in utilizing all of the tools in the application.
7. Sign up for GovDelivery: at www.anchorageairport.com to receive emails on all sorts of DOT related things.