Weekly Coal Production Report: September 22, 2016
The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended September 17, 2016.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 16.1 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 6.6% higher than last week's estimate and 11.2% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.8 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 10.3 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 501.2 mmst, 23.7% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For more information: