Weekly Coal Production Report: September 15, 2016
The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended September 10, 2016.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 15.1 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 6.2% lower than last week's estimate and 14.5% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.5 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 9.6 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 485.1 mmst, 24% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For more information: