Weekly Coal Production Report: May 5, 2016
The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended April 30, 2016.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 11.3 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 9% higher than last week's estimate and 35.3% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.3 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.9 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 211.2 mmst, 32.9% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For more information: