Weekly Coal Production Report: May 19, 2016
The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended May 14, 2016.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 11.4 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 3.8% higher than last week's estimate and 29.2% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.3 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 233.5 mmst, 32.8% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For more information: