Weekly Coal Production Report: May 12, 2016
The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended May 7, 2016.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 10.9 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 2.8% lower than last week's estimate and 31.8% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.2 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.8 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 222.1 mmst, 33% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For more information: