Weekly Coal Production Report: March 31, 2016
The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended March 26, 2016.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 11.6 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 2.3% higher than last week's estimate and 37.8% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.6 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 157.3 mmst, 30.9% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For more information: