Weekly Coal Production Report: March 10, 2016
The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended March 5, 2016.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 12.6 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 3.9% lower than last week's estimate and 29.6% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.6 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 121.9 mmst, 29% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For more information: