Weekly Coal Production Report: July 21, 2016
The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended July 16, 2016.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 15.1 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 17.2% higher than last week's estimate and 13.8% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.5 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 9.7 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 358.8 mmst, 26.6% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For more information: