Weekly Coal Production Report: February 25, 2016
The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended February 20, 2016.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 13.4 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 1.7% higher than last week's estimate and 20.2% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.3 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 8.1 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 96.2 mmst, 30.8% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For more information: