Weekly Coal Production Report: February 11, 2016
The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended February 6, 2016.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 12.9 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 5.4% lower than last week's estimate and 30.1% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.1 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.8 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 69.6 mmst, 32.1% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For more information: