Weekly Coal Production Report: April 21, 2016
The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended April 16, 2016.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 11.1 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 8.2% higher than last week's estimate and 35% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.2 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.8 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 189.6 mmst, 32.5% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For more information: