The Weekly Coal Production Report: March 24, 2016
The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended March 19, 2016.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 11.3 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 9.1% lower than last week's estimate and 38.9% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.5 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.9 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 145.7 mmst, 30.2% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For more information: