Six More Alaska State Fair Concerts Announced
Tickets Go on Sale Friday, May 1 at 10am
Palmer, Alaska – The Alaska State Fair is pleased to announce six additional performers confirmed for the 2015 AT&T Concert Series at the Kendall Toyota of Anchorage Borealis Theatre. Tickets for the following shows go on sale Friday, May 1 at 10am:
- Skillet, Friday, August 28, 7pm. “American Noise,” “Rise,” “Sick of It” and Rock Song of the Year “Not Gonna Die” are the most recent No. 1 hits from Grammy-nominated, platinum-selling rock band Skillet. The foursome released their Dove Award-winning album, RISE, in 2013 as a follow-up to 2009’s platinum blockbuster, Awake, which featured the platinum single “Monster,” as well as the gold-certified singles “Hero” and “Awake & Alive.”
- Garrison Keillor, Sunday, August 30, 3pm. Join one of America’s most beloved radio hosts and acclaimed humorists, Garrison Keillor, on The America the Beautiful Tour 2015. The 41st anniversary tour of A Prairie Home Companion features 2½ hours of Sweet Harmony and Garrison Keillor with piano master Richard Dworsky and Fred Newman, world’s greatest SFX man, as well as the Radio Rhubarb Band with fiddling Richard Kriehn and Chris Siebold, boy guitarist, plus Guy Noir, Private Eye, News from Lake Wobegon, audience chorale, poetry declamation and other classics from 41 years of radio history.
- The Bellamy Brothers, Monday, August 31, 7pm. Throughout their nearly four-decade career, the multi-platinum-selling Bellamy Brothers have charted 15 No. 1 hits on the U.S. country and pop music charts, including “Let Your Love Flow,” “If I Said You Had a Beautiful Body (Would You Hold it Against Me),” “Redneck Girl,” “Sugar Daddy,” “Dancin’ Cowboys,” “For All the Wrong Reasons,” “Old Hippie” and “Kids of the Baby Boom.”
- Portugal. The Man, Wednesday, September 2, 7pm. From its Wasilla roots, Portugal. The Man is now considered one of the most exciting and sought-after live bands on the festival circuit today. The rock band has headlined shows around the world and played major notable festivals including Bonnaroo, Coachella and Lollapalooza, in addition to releasing eight albums featuring fan favorites like “Modern Jesus,” “Purple Yellow Red and Blue” and “Evil Friends.”
- Jim Gaffigan, Friday, September 4, 7pm. He’s Grammy nominated, he’s New York Times best-selling and he’s CONTAGIOUS! Grammy-nominated comedian and New York Times best-selling author Jim Gaffigan will spread laughter at the Fair as part of his CONTAGIOUS national tour. Gaffigan’s latest accolades include 2015 Best Comedy Album of the Year Grammy nomination for his hour-long special “Obsessed,” and the No. 3 debut on the New York Times Bestseller’s List for his latest book, “Food: A Love Story.”
- Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo, Sunday, September 6, 6pm. With Top 10 hits including “Hit Me With Your Best Shot,” “Love Is a Battlefield,” “We Belong” and “Invincible,” four-time Grammy winner Pat Benatar is inarguably one of the most beloved female rock ‘n’ roll icons of all time. Together with professional musician, producer, arranger, songwriter (and husband) Neil Giraldo, Benatar’s 35-year career includes more than 25 albums – including two multi-platinum, five platinum and three gold – as well as 19 Top 40 singles.
These shows join previously announced performers:
- Blood Sweat & Tears, Thursday, August 27, 7pm.
- Daughtry, Saturday, August 29, 7pm.
- David Nail, Tuesday, September 1, 7pm.
- Lee Brice, Saturday, September 5, 7pm.
- Kacey Musgraves, Monday, September 7, 3pm.
Additional information on the 2015 line-up, including ticket prices, bios, photos and performance samples, is available on the Fair website, alaskastatefair.org.
Tickets go on sale Friday, May 1 at 10am and there are three easy ways to buy:
- Online at alaskastatefair.org and print at home. Convenience fees apply, and Fair admission is additional.
- On a mobile phone. Convenience fees apply, and Fair admission is additional.
- The Borealis Box Office during the Fair. No convenience fees at the Fair box office. Fair admission additional.
The final performer in the 2015 concert line-up is being finalized, and details will be announced on the Fair blog, Facebook page and website. Interested fairgoers can also sign up to receive email or mobile concert updates on the Fair website.
For more information, please visit alaskastatefair.org.