Final Acts Announced for Fair Concert Series
Tickets on Sale to the Public Friday, June 3, 6 a.m.
Palmer, Alaska – The brothers KONGOS with special guest July Talk and the iconic comedy duo Cheech & Chong featuring special guest Shelby Chong are the final acts confirmed for the 2016 AT&T Concert Series at the Alaska State Fair. Tickets for these two shows go on sale to the general public Friday, June 3 at 6 a.m.
KONGOS with special guest July Talk performs at the Fair on Sunday, August 28, while the iconic comedy duo Cheech & Chong featuring special guest Shelby Chong take the stage Monday, August 29.
Sons of a successful 1970s singer-songwriter, and with childhoods spent in London, South Africa and the U.S., the four brothers of KONGOS are fluent in numerous musical styles and eras. But, at the end of the day, KONGOS is a rock band, as evidenced by songs like “Come With Me Now,” which has been featured in promos for NFL, NBA and ESPN, and “I’m Only Joking,” which hit No. 1 on the rock chart in South Africa. The band’s new album, Egomanic, featuring their latest single “Take It From Me,” comes out June 10.
The Canadian rockers July Talk are known for their electrifying concerts and confrontational, sensuous rock and roll, as heard on “Guns + Ammunition” and “Summer Dress” from their debut album, which earned the band a gold record in Canada and a Juno Award for Alternative Album of the Year, and their dynamic new single, “Push + Pull,” off their forthcoming album, Touch, due out later this year.
The iconic comedy duo Cheech & Chong is famous for their hilariously irreverent, satirical, counter-culture, no-holds-barred comedy routines. Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong’s phenomenal success began on the stand-up comedy circuit, which led to nine hit comedy albums, eight hit films, four Grammy nominations and a Grammy Award for best comedy album. The duo is now taking their comedy on the road as part of their first tour in over 25 years.
Performing with Cheech & Chong is special guest, Shelby Chong. Described as a cross between Lucile Ball and Gracy Allen, this talented, up-and-coming female comedian is making a name for herself with her raunchy, outrageous, yet innocent, feminine-centric stand-up show.
The groups round out the 2016 concert line-up, including the previously announced acts:
· Home Free, Thursday, August 25, 7 p.m.
· X Ambassadors, Friday, August 26, 7 p.m.
· The Band Perry, Saturday, August 27, 7 p.m.
· Old Dominion, Tuesday, August 30, 7 p.m.
· Thousand Foot Krutch, Wednesday, August 31, 7 p.m.
· G-Eazy, Thursday, September 1, 7 p.m.
· Volbeat, Friday, September 2, 7 p.m.
· Randy Houser, Saturday, September 3, 7 p.m.
· Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo, Sunday, September 4, 6 p.m.
· Andy Grammer, Monday, September 5, 3 p.m.
Tickets for the 10 previously announced shows are currently on sale, while tickets to KONGOS with special guest July Talk and Cheech & Chong featuring special guest Shelby Chong go on sale to the general public on June 3 at 6 a.m. Tickets may be purchased:
- Online at alaskastatefair.org and print at home. Convenience fees apply, and Fair admission is additional.
- On the Fair’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/
- On a mobile phone. Convenience fees apply, and Fair admission is additional.
- The Borealis Box Office during the Fair. No convenience fees at the Fair box office. Fair admission additional.
More information on the 2016 line-up, including ticket prices, bios, photos and performance samples, is available on the Fair website, alaskastatefair.org.