AIGA Alaska September News // Free Tour, Free Classes, & Almost Free Parking
After Hours: Northern Printing
Wednesday, September 13 | 6 - 8 pm
FREE to members, nonmembers, and students
Join us as After Hours goes inside to Northern Printing for a tour of their shop and a casual Q and A with owners Rob Nuss and David Brown, and account managers Audrey LaBrec and Heather Castle. Now in their 50th year in business, Northern has been an long-standing partner and resource in our design community and one of the few shops that are FSC and RFA certified.
The tour will include:
- the ins and outs of their new HP Latex 360, Graphtec Cutter, and Canon 9400 large format printers
- a variable data demo on the Indigo digital printer
- demos on and samples of what they can do on multiple materials for projects like banners, window graphics, custom cut decals, giclee printing, and more
This event is FREE and open to creative professionals and students, however YOU MUST RSVP TO ATTEND. Deadline to RSVP is September 12, 5pm. Questions? Contact Monica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orignal After Hours by Design masthead designed by Lance Lekander.
Free Class from CreativeLive
Now - September 30
Free to AIGA Members
Now through September 30, CreativeLive, the world’s leading creative education platform, is offering AIGA members FREE ACCESS to the online course "A Brand Called You" with Debbie Millman (a $79 value). Check your email for a message from AIGA Membership with the code.
AIGA Members also get 30% off on other Creative Live classes. Visit aiga.org/creativelive-discount, then log in to get that code.
Not a member? No sweat! Learn more, see a list of benefits, and join at aiga.org/join.
- AIGA is starting to ramp up as summer comes to a close. Here's what's coming up so far:
- After Hours Northern Printing: September 13
- Design Week: September 22 - 24
- After Hours Anchorage Museum: October 11
- The Big One Call for Entries: September 22
- The Big One Entry Period: September 25 - October 18
- The Big One Awards Reception: November 18