Career Opportunities with Alaska Public Health
The State of Alaska Division of Public Health (DPH) is current recruiting to fill openings for a Microbiologist, a Research Analyst, Office Assistants, Nurse Consultants, and Public Health Nurses. All of the positions are advertised on Workplace Alaska. The closing dates noted here may be extended. These positions are open to all applicants eligible to work in the U.S. unless noted open to Alaska residents only.
We are a team of employees who demonstrate a vision for public health improvement, ensure all Alaskans have the opportunity to lead healthy lives, exemplify ethical conduct, apply the best available health information and strategies, and are committed to working to achieve the best health for Alaskans and their communities.
As a division of the Department of Health and Human Services, DPH is the chief strategist for existing and emerging public health issues in Alaska. Our services protect life, health, and safety of Alaskans; we serve as a trusted source of health information; and through our systems work, we strengthen the essential public health infrastructure, services, and partnerships.
Our specialty areas are Public Health Nursing; Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion; Epidemiology; Emergency Programs; Women’s, Children’s and Family Health; Health Planning and Systems Development; the Alaska State Public Health Laboratories; the Medical Examiner’s Office; and the Bureau of Vital Statistics.
Want to stay in touch about future DPH jobs?! Sign up for job alerts here!
Our current openings:
Alaska State Laboratories:
- Microbiologist I, based in Fairbanks, closes August 23rd.
Section of Women’s, Children’s and Family Health:
- Research Analyst I, based in Anchorage, closes August 29th. (Open to Alaska residents only.)
Central Office, Section of Public Health Nursing:
- Office Assistant II, located in Anchorage, closes August 26th. (Open to Alaska residents only.)
- Reproductive Health Nurse Consultant II, located in Anchorage, closes August 19th.
- Staff Development Nurse Consultant, located in Anchorage, closes August 26th.
Frontier Region, Section of Public Health Nursing:
- Itinerant PHN III, based out of the Nome Public Health Center, closes August 17th.
- Preparedness Nurse (PHN III), located in Fairbanks and serving the Frontier region, closes August 18th.
- Office Assistant II, Fairbanks Public Health Center, closes August 22nd. (Open to Alaska residents only.)
- Itinerant PHN III, based out of the Dillingham Public Health Center, closes August 29th.
- Team Leader (PHN III), located at the Kodiak Public Health Center, closes August 31st.
Southeast Region, Section of Public Health Nursing
- Public Health Nurse III, located at the Sitka Public Health Center; closes August 22nd.
- Team Leader (PHN III), located at the Ketchikan Public Health Center; closes September 1st.
South-central Region, Section of Public Health Nursing