Banner Alzheimer’s Institute to offer monthly webinars featuring dementia education
Dementia Dialogues will showcase valuable information about Alzheimer’s and dementia on a convenient and accessible online platform
PHOENIX (Jan. 12, 2015) – Banner Alzheimer's Institute has announced a new, free webinar series entitled “Dementia Dialogues,” to provide caregivers with helpful information and tools to better understand and care for loved ones living with dementia.
Since caring for somebody with dementia can be time consuming, confusing and difficult, the Dementia Dialogues educational series will be fully accessible from anywhere at any time with full lecture information available online and accompanying audio versions as well.
Webinars will be hosted on the third Wednesday of each month from noon to1 p.m. MST and can be viewed on the Banner Alzheimer’s website after the initial showing. Every month, a new topic surrounding Alzheimer’s and dementia care will be discussed by experts and guest caregivers. The dates and topics of each webinar are as follows:
- Jan. 21 – Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Dementia but Were Afraid to Ask
- Feb. 18 – Lack of Awareness versus Denial in Dementia
- March 18 – Planning for Care Across the Stages of Dementia
- April 15 – Alzheimer’s Medications: What They Are, What They Aren’t and What You Need to Know
- May 20 – Planning Successful Travel
- June 17 – Men as Caregivers
- July 15 – Understanding Psychosis
- Aug. 19 – Maintaining Realistic Expectations as Dementia Progresses
- Sept. 16 – Best Lessons from Powerful Tools for Caregiving
- Oct. 21 – How and When to Execute Powers of Attorney
- Nov. 18 – Preparing for the Holidays
- Dec. 16 – The Gift of Presence
Dementia affects not only the person living with it, but the family members and friends of that person as well. Having the best information and advice can help the caregivers provide the best care and support for their loved one. From the comfort of your own home or office anywhere, you can learn from experts in dementia care.
For more information about the series, contact Veronica Flores at Banner Sun Health Research Institute at (623) 832-3248, or visit www.BannerHealth.com/ResearchOnlineEdu
Banner Alzheimer’s Institute
Through its research and care, Banner Alzheimer’s Institute is dedicated to the goal of ending Alzheimer’s disease without losing another generation. It is helping to launch a new era of Alzheimer’s research—treatment and prevention at the pre-symptomatic stage—and to establish a new comprehensive model of care. Established in 2006 by Banner Health, one of the country’s largest nonprofit health care systems, BAI has a three-fold focus: to conduct revolutionary studies in the detection, treatment and prevention of Alzheimer’s; to set a national standard of patient and family care; and to forge scientific collaborations that bring together institutions and disciplines internationally. For more information, visit www.banneralz.org.