Health is the Greatest Wealth
In this issue:
- Effective personalized health improvement program, provided free of charge to Alaskans this fall
- Health Fairs happening this weekend and beyond
- Alaska's most affordable blood tests
A New Resource for Alaskans to Improve Health, Help Prevent Diabetes and Prediabetes
Big news! An effective personalized health improvement program, ALIVE-PD, is now offered at Health Fairs free of charge to all who are interested. State of Alaska DHSS and Alaska Health Fair are partnering to cover the cost of subscriptions for Alaskans and bring this opportunity to people statewide.
ALIVE-PD works entirely online. Subscribers receive personalized weekly support via email and online to help them make small but meaningful changes in everyday habits. It's like having your personal coach help you along the way. With ALIVE-PD, users report they:
• Eat better
• Exercise better
• Feel better, and
• Lose weight.
The system is meant to improve health and decrease the risks of prediabetes and diabetes. What sets ALIVE-PD apart from others is that ALIVE-PD delivers measurable improvements in health. See evidence here: http://turnaroundhealth.com/evidence/
and a graph below.
Orange - ALIVE-PD Users
Blue - control group
To claim your free subscription, please come to our Health Fairs and simply ask for a prediabetes self-assessment test and ALIVE-PD coupon. The self-assessment test consists of 7 simple questions that will help you determine your level of risk for prediabetes. You then can decide if you need Alive-PD.
Alaska Health Fair also offers free A1C diabetes blood tests at most Health Fairs this season. Research shows that people with prediabetes and diabetes often don’t know they have the disease. We are pleased to be able to offer you, in partnership with the State of Alaska DHSS and other partners, a wide variety of ways to learn about, prevent, and manage diabetes and prediabetes this fall:
• A1C diabetes blood tests - getting screened is the first step. Available for free at most of our Health Fairs this fall.
• Easy self-assessment tests for prediabetes and diabetes type 2 - ask for it at Health Fairs
• ALIVE-PD personalized health improvement system subscription, free for you
• Information about available diabetes self-management education classes, and
• Education on prediabetes and diabetes.
Diabetes and prediabetes are preventable.
Please come to our Health Fairs, use the free blood test to get screened, use the self-assessment tests (only 7 questions), and take action if needed. Get a free subscription to ALIVE-PD and improve your health. Please share this with your friends and family! Don't hesitate to call us with any questions - (907) 278-0234
Free diabetes A1C blood tests and ALIVE-PD subscriptions are courtesy of our partners at the State of Alaska DHSS; free A1C tests are also sponsored by GVEA Good Cents Foundation and AHF supporters through Pick.Click.Give - generous Alaskans, like you! Thank You!
Health Fairs this Saturday & Beyond
Featuring free diabetes blood tests (A1C), flu shots & more
- Anchorage – Free diabetes blood tests (A1C)* Health Fair by St. John’s United Methodist Church. Everyone is welcome! Free comprehensive vision tests with doctors and equipment on-site. Seat belt safety, helmet safety for kids! Bring your kids along! Diabetes education, vitamin D education. Free diabetes blood tests (A1C) - ask for a free A1C form to claim your test. Free subscriptions to online personalized health improvement program ALIVE-PD. Affordable comprehensive blood tests, see pricing below. Credit cards accepted. Ask medical professionals about your health and get answers. When: this Saturday, Oct 17, 9 am – 1 pm. Where: St. John’s United Methodist Church, 1801 O’Malley Rd, Anchorage, AK 99507
- Anchorage - Free diabetes blood tests (A1C)* Health Fair by Faith Lutheran Church. Everyone is welcome! Flu shots! Free vision tests! A Life Coach! (yep, free consultations with a real Life Coach). Vitamin D education, diabetes education. Free diabetes blood tests (A1C) - ask for a free A1C form to claim your test. Free subscriptions to online personalized health improvement program ALIVE-PD. Affordable comprehensive blood tests, see pricing below. Credit cards accepted! Ask medical professionals about your health and get answers. When: this Saturday, Oct. 17, 8am to noon. Where: Faith Lutheran Church, 5200 Lake Otis Pkwy, Anchorage, AK 99507
- North Pole! – If you happen to be up north or live in the area, this is a great reason to visit this beautiful community! Free diabetes blood tests (A1C)* Flu shots! Vision, glaucoma, and hearing screenings! Nutrition education! Dozens of health educators! Free diabetes blood tests (A1C) - ask for a free A1C form to claim your test. Free subscriptions to online personalized health improvement program ALIVE-PD. Affordable comprehensive blood tests, see pricing below. Credit cards accepted! Ask medical professionals about your health and get answers. Event is sponsored by 17-Mile Homemakers and North Pole Rotary - thank you! Also, the City of North Pole is putting together a strategic plan for the community. If you live in North Pole and would like to contribute to the planning effort, please find Agnew:Beck booth at the Health Fair and share your vision for the city's future!
*We are offering hundreds of free diabetes A1C blood tests this fall, but supplies are limited. First come, first serve. Simply ask for a free A1C test form at the Fairs above.
More Health Fairs are coming up!
Alaska's Most Affordable Blood Tests
Alaska Health Fair is offering comprehensive blood tests in partnership with PAML, one of the top ranking clinical laboratories in the Nation. Save hundreds of dollars and take the results to your doctor:
- Our most popular - 27-panel Blood Chemistry Screen - covers infection, anemia, liver disease, clotting ability, kidney and adrenal function, liver function, bone disease, tissue disease or damage, heart function, liver function, muscle function, coronary heart disease - $45
- Thyroid Screen - $30
- Prostate Disease Screen - $25
- Vitamin D Screen - $50
- A1C diabetes - usually $25, but free at most Health Fairs this season
We accept all major credit cards.
Alaska Health Fair, Inc. is the provider of the most popular health fairs in Alaska. We have been serving Alaskans for generations, since 1980. We offer a unique event model where Alaskans can access health education, health screenings, and tests. Around 35,000 people attend our events in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau and 50 other communities each year. We expect to serve thousands of Alaskans this Health Fair season, who value our fast, affordable, professional, and quality service.
We are featuring photos of Alaskan flowers, landscapes, etc. in our newsletters as much as we can. Would you like us to feature one of your photos? Send it our way to email@example.com, we'll give your proper credit. Thank you!
- Help your business or nonprofit grow while connecting with your community and educating Alaskans on important health topics. Click here to learn more.
- To discuss sponsorship/partnership opportunities, please call our office at (907) 278-0234, ask for Executive Director.