SBA Alaska District Office Now Accepting 2018 National Small Business Week Awards Nominations
ANCHORAGE, Alaska – The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Alaska District Office is now accepting nominations for its 2018 National Small Business Week Awards, including the annual Alaska Small Business Person of the Year.
Since 1963, National Small Business Week recognizes the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions to their local communities and the nation’s economy.
The dedicated website www.sba.gov/nsbw/awards provides forms, criteria and guidelines for submitting a nomination.
SBA Alaska District Awards given in celebration of National Small Business Week, April 29 – May 5, 2018, include the following:
- Alaska Small Business Person of the Year – winner is also finalist for National Small Business Person of the Year
- Alaska Small Business Exporter of the Year – winner is also finalist for National Small Business Exporter of the Year
- Alaska Millennial Small Business of the Year
- Alaska Family Owned Small Business of the Year
- Alaska Encore Small Business of the Year
- Alaska Minority-Owned Small Business Champion
- Alaska Veteran-Owned Small Business Advocate
- Alaska Women-Owned Small Business Advocate
- Alaska Procuring Agency Small Business Advocate
SBA National Awards include the following:
- Phoenix Awards for Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Public Official
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Volunteer
- Federal Procurement Awards
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Awards for Excellence (for large prime contractors who use small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year
- Jody C. Raskind Lender of the Year
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year
- Awards to SBA Resource Partners
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Excellence and Innovation Center Award
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award
All nominations must be submitted no later than 11 a.m. Alaska Time Jan. 9, 2018. All nomination packages must be hand delivered or mailed to the SBA Alaska District Office at 420 L Street, Suite 300, Anchorage, AK. 99501.
Email submissions of SBA Awards forms will not be accepted as they contain personally identifiable information (PII).
About the U.S. Small Business Administration
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created in 1953 and since January 13, 2012 has served as a Cabinet-level agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation. The SBA helps Americans start, build and grow businesses. Through an extensive network of field offices and partnerships with public and private organizations, the SBA delivers its services to people throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam. For more information visit www.sba.gov.
The SBA Alaska District serves the state of Alaska with locations in Fairbanks and Anchorage. SBA Alaska District staff provide resources and services in three areas referred to as “the three C’s” – counseling, capital and contracting. Visit www.sba.gov/ak for more information including resource partners, lenders, workshops, success stories and other resources to help business start, grow and succeed.