Entrepreneurs Gather in Juneau for Award-Winning Innovation Summit
Innovation Summit will focus on the Capacity to Innovate in Alaska
JUNEAU, ALASKA (February 6, 2017) – The Innovation Summit, on February 15th and 16th, is a unique business conference that brings together top managers, entrepreneurs, established business owners, angel investors, non-profits, and more, to share their experience in building a sustainable entrepreneurial ecosystem in Alaska.
The Juneau Economic Development Council and its partners recognize the need to bolster the startup ecosystem that has grown in Alaska and decided to design a conference that focuses content on entrepreneurs and those involved in building the innovation ecosystem in Alaska. The Innovation Summit, produced by the Juneau Economic Development Council for the past six years, is a platform to highlight and strengthen key regional industries in Alaska. This year, our efforts are focused on the entrepreneurs and experienced managers and investors to encourage collaboration and shared knowledge to further strengthen the entrepreneurial spirit in the 49th state.
Alaskan Innovators will also be recognized at the Innovation Summit in ceremonies including the Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, the FIRST LEGO League Global Innovation Award presentation, and the Path to Prosperity sustainable business plan competition finalists and winners announcement. The Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame celebrates and honors outstanding individuals who put Alaska on the map as leaders in innovation and to contribute to Alaska’s growing culture of innovation. This year, the inductees come from Fairbanks, Anchorage and Juneau and will be available for a meet and greet following the induction ceremony.
Innovation Summit Elements:
• A day and a half conference with over 30 presenters
• Summit presentations that speak to the Capacity to Innovate. Speakers include Robert B. Tucker, Angela Rodell, Geoff Larson, Dr. Jim Johnsen, and more.
• Innovation Shorts -- dynamic 10-minute presentations with stimulating ideas from colleagues and professionals that are making a difference
• Celebration of entrepreneurship with the entrepreneur Pitch Contest and a panel of experts
• Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame induction ceremony
• Opportunity to make new partnerships
• Engagement with industry clusters from Alaska
• Innovation Lounge where you can network with other business and civic leaders from around Alaska
• Recognition of FIRST LEGO League Global Innovation Award winners
• Announcement of Haa Aani's Path to Prosperity Winners
• A series of Innovation Tours
The award-winning conference received a 2015 Innovation Award from the National Association of Development Organizations (NADO) Research Foundation in addition to receiving a 2013 award from the International Economic Development Council.
This conference is produced by the Juneau Economic Development Council with key support from: Alaska Airlines, Juneau Hydropower, Sealaska Corporation, University of Alaska Southeast, Wells Fargo, Alaska Department of Economic Development, Central Council of Tlingit & Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska, Alaskan Brewing Co., GCI, Hansen Gress, Avista, Alaska Communications Systems, AK Litho, The Nature Conservancy, Alaska Growth Capital, Northrim Bank, Alaska Pacific University Hickel Endowment Fund, Alaska Fisheries Development Foundation, and more.