15 HR Professionals Elected to SHRM Young Professionals Advisory Council
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Fifteen young professionals were elected to serve on the Society for Human Resource Management’s (SHRM’s) highly selective Young Professionals Advisory Council (YPAC) for a one-year term.
The 15 represent a diversity of HR roles and companies. Several work for Fortune 500 companies such as Charter Communications, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, The Walt Disney Company and Union Pacific Railroad.
The role of the council is to advocate for SHRM’s young professional members (those age 30 and younger) and provide guidance to SHRM for attracting and retaining nonmember young professionals. Selection is competitive. SHRM received 180 applications for only 15 spots on the council.
“Those selected for this council are highly driven HR professionals and have a desire to make a positive impact on the profession,” said Nancy Conway, SHRM-SCP, who oversees YPAC activities and is a field services director for SHRM. “They are the future of human resources and represent the profession well.”
Their appointments were effective Jan. 1.
2017 Young Professionals Advisory Council Members
• Aaron Abell (incumbent—second year) (Philadelphia), senior HR business partner and talent manager, Tronox Alkali Corporation.
• Kirsten Benzaquen (incumbent—second year) (Durham, N.C.), talent acquisition specialist, TrialCard.
• Veronica Castaneda Szuza (incumbent—second year) (Guadalajara, Mexico), culture and change management coordinator, FEMSA Corporation.
• Jillian Caswell, SHRM-CP (incumbent—second year) (Anchorage, Alaska), operations director, Alaska Executive Search, Inc.
• Brad Dalton (Denver), senior HR business partner, City & County of Denver.
• Erica Davis, SHRM-CP (Chicago), HR manager-Midwest region, Airgas.
• Jessica Gofforth (incumbent—second year) (Dubuque, Iowa), HR manager, Bemis Company, Inc.
• Tatiana Hernandez (incumbent—second year) (Glendale, Calif.), HR representative, ACCO Engineered Systems.
• Dan Higham, SHRM-CP (incumbent—second year) (Vestal, N.Y.), senior HR generalist, Carter Communications.
• Meigelle Lapos, SHRM-CP (Jackson Hole, Wyo.), assistant director of HR, The Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
• Ashley Leveque, SHRM-CP (incumbent—second year) (Frisco, Texas), HR business partner, Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
• Staci McArter, SHRM-CP (Carrolton, Ky.), HR generalist, Genscape.
• Lauren Randall, SHRM-CP (Columbus, Ohio), HR manager, Homeside Financial.
• Max Rickard, SHRM-CP (incumbent—second year) (Orlando, Fla.), HR business partner, The Walt Disney Company.
• Stevie Sprague (incumbent—second year) (Omaha, Neb.), senior specialist-university recruiting, Union Pacific Railroad.
For information about the YPAC, visit www.shrm.org/Communities