Global Provider Currently Under Construction
Rendering of the Global Provider.
Elliott Bay Design Group
Seattle, Wash., August 16, 2016 – The GLOBAL PROVIDER, Maxum Petroleum's newest vessel is currently under construction at Jesse Co. in Tacoma, Washington and expected to enter service in January 2017.
Scott Prince, CEO of Maxum Petroleum said “The launch of this vessel demonstrates our continued commitment to enhance our service capabilities for our customers throughout the West Coast and Pacific Northwest.”
“The GLOBAL PROVIDER is the result of years of collaboration between our Maxum Team, our valued customers, Elliott Bay Design Group (EBDG) and Jesse Engineering to develop a tank-ship with the versatility and capacity to enhance our commitment to quality, customer service and our on-going dedication to providing fuel, lubricants and related services to meet the mission critical needs of our valued clients,” says Dan Kovacich, VP of Maxum Petroleum.
EBDG's scope for the project included concept and contract design, regulatory support and detail design. The EBDG Team is working closely with Jesse Engineering, the Washington based fabricator selected to undertake the build for this project. EBDG Project Manager, James Jennings is “proud of the results of our work with Maxum and Jesse Engineering designing such a capable vessel to support the Puget Sound Maritime Community.”
Features of the GLOBAL PROVIDER include:
- The 150,000-gallon self-propelled bunker ship balances performance with fabrication cost.
- The cargo handling system allows this vessel to move segregated products, lube and fuel oil without cross-contamination.
- The six pairs of cargo tanks amount to 3,700 Bbls of MGO and 24,000usg lube oil capacity.
- The vessel measures 126’-2” in length, with a 32' beam, 10' draft, and 13' depth to main deck, yet remains under 100 GT.
- It will be powered by a pair of Cummins QSK-19M, 660 HP Tier III engines.
- Twin Disk model MGX-5202 reduction gears drive two fixed pitch propellers, Northern Lights Gensets will supply electrical and hydraulic power.
- Steering will be supplied by Autonav Deflector Marine Rudders providing exceptional maneuverability.
Maxum Petroleum is the premier provider of marine diesel fuel and lubricants on the US West Coast between San Diego, Ca, and Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations in Seattle, Wa., Portland, Or., San Francisco, Ca. and LA/LB, Ca.
EBDG is an employee-owned company with offices in Seattle, New Orleans and Ketchikan that provides naval architecture, marine engineering and production support services to owners, operators and shipyards across the country. With a focus on responsiveness, EBDG delivers designs that are better to build and better to operate.
Jesse Co, a Washington Corporation, was founded by Darrell Jesse in 1976, and has grown to be one of the largest specialty steel fabricators on the West Coast. They have built a solid reputation for innovative solutions, efficiency in design, and strong collaborative project management that provides smooth project facilitation. Cost Savings in construction and operations are the result of the expert strategic planning team and extensive customer service.