Electric Power Monthly & Electricity Monthly Update: December 1, 2015
The Electricity Monthly Update, November 2015 edition presenting September 2015 data, has been released. Highlights include:
- For the third consecutive month, electricity generation from coal decreased in all regions of the country. Subsequently, all regions of the country saw an increase in electricity generation from natural gas compared to September 2014.
- California (CAISO) set a new 12-month high daily peak demand on September 10 at 47,252 MW.
- Hawaii's average revenue per kilowatthour declined more than 24% from last year to its lowest level since October 2010.
ELECTRIC POWER MONTHLY – November 2015
The Electric Power Monthly, November 2015 edition presenting September 2015 data, has been released. Highlights include:
- In September 2015, net generation in the United States was up 3.3 percent compared to September 2014.
- Consumption of coal for the generation of electric power was down 5.8 percent from September 2014.
- The average U.S. retail residential price of electricity in September 2015 was up 0.8 percent compared to September 2014.
See the full Electric Power Monthly report at: