Electric Power Monthly & Electricity Monthly Update – July 2015
The Electricity Monthly Update, July 2015 edition presenting May 2015 data, has been released. Highlights include:
- The Northeast and MidAtlantic had the largest increase in net generation compared to the previous May, as many states in these regions experienced significantly above average or record temperatures during May 2015.
- 12-month low wholesale electricity prices were set in the Midwest (MISO), Louisiana (into Entergy), the Southwest (Palo Verde), and Southern California (CAISO) due to very low natural gas prices.
- Hawaii's retail electricity revenue per kilowatt hour fell the most of any state for the fifth month in a row, down 24% from last May.
See the full Electricity Monthly Update report at: www.eia.gov/electricity/monthly/update/
The Electric Power Monthly, July 2015 edition presenting May 2015 data, has been released. Highlights include:
- In May 2015, net generation in the United States was down 0.7 percent compared to May 2014.
- Consumption of coal for the generation of electric power was down 10.5 percent from May 2014.
- The average U.S. retail residential price of electricity in May 2015 was up 0.9 percent compared to May 2014.
See the full Electric Power Monthly report at: http://www.eia.gov/electricity/monthly/?src=email