Clean Energy Project Finance event Thursday Jan 12th at 5:30
49th State Brewery
REAP is bringing Bert Hunter, the Chief Investment Officer of the Connecticut Green Bank — the country's first Green Bank — to Anchorage.
The Connecticut Green Bank offers many examples to inspire Alaskan business leaders. Achievements include:
- Deployed more than $1 billion in public and private investment in energy efficiency and renewable energy;
- Attracted more than $250 MM for residential and commercial programs including a Solar Lease Fund, a Solar Loan fund and “Smart-E” Clean Energy Loan program using structures with tax equity, non-recourse financing, loan loss reserves and “crowd funding”;
- Secured $300 MM in proposals to fund small business energy efficiency program resulting in term sheet documenting a $75 MM commitment from a major global financial institution;
- Attracted a $5 MM PRI from MacArthur Foundation to finance energy efficiency projects for low-income multifamily housing;
- Structured a $6 MM subordinated secured loan to facilitate the development of the largest fuel cell project in the US ($70MM / 15 MW);
- Auctioned a $20 MM portfolio of C-PACE loans totaling to private investors;
- Arranged Qualified Energy Conservation Bond funding for 1 MW of solar PV for ~15 affordable housing properties;
- Arranged New Clean Renewable Energy Bond financing for “run of river” hydroelectric facilities.
Come on Thursday, January 12th at 5:30 to the 49th State Brewery in Anchorage to learn more.
REAP's speaker series is free to the public, and sponsored by ML&P and the Advanced Energy Economy.