Denali OB-GYN at the Alaska Pacific Medical Center Breaks Ground April 26, 2016
The project team and stakeholders officially break ground on the new Denali OB-GYN Clinic at the Alaska Pacific Medical Center in the Anchorage U-Med District April 26.
Photo by Wayde Carroll for Southcentral Foundation and Pfeffer Development
Alaska Pacific Medical Center Groundbreaking Facts
- This project is the first new construction project under the Multi-Phase Development Agreement between Alaska Pacific University and U-Land, LLC.
- U-Land is an entity created for the sole purpose of developing the APU lands to create long-term income for the University. It includes Alaska Native health care organization Southcentral Foundation and Mark Pfeffer, an Alaskan commercial real estate developer.
- This project generates a steady annual income for APU of about $200,000 per year.
- The first project under this agreement will be the Alaska Pacific Medical Center, which will be located near the Springhill Suites Marriott Hotel on University Drive.
- APU is Alaska’s only private, liberal arts university with 20 undergraduate and graduate programs serving approximately 550 students.
- The lands under this agreement are known as the APU Endowment Lands, which were granted to APU in 1958 under its prior name, Alaska Methodist University. U-Land is managing the progressive development of approximately 65 acres of that land.
- Today, we are excited to celebrate the groundbreaking for the first new construction project under this agreement, the Alaska Pacific Medical Center.
- The project breaks ground this spring, and core and shell of the building will be completed at the end of 2016.
- The third floor will be the new home of Denali OB-GYN Clinic, and there is space available for other tenants on the first two floors.
- Denali OBGYN Clinic has been providing care to the women of Anchorage for over 12 years. The practice specializes in general and high-risk obstetrics, general women’s health, robotic surgeries, in-office procedures, urinary incontinence, vaginal health and minimally invasive surgeries.
- There is approximately 10,000 sq. ft. available for lease on the first floor and 12,000 sq. ft. on the second floor. Total size of the building is approximately 34,300 sq. ft.
- Team members on the project also include Pfeffer Development, Criterion General, KPB Architects and Wells Fargo. RIM Design is designing the interior space for Denali OB-GYN.
More than 50 people gathered to break ground on a new medical office building in the U-Med District in Anchorage today. Denali OB-GYN Clinic will locate on the third floor of the new Alaska Pacific Medical Center in the Anchorage U-Med District. This project is the first new construction project under the Multi-Phase Development Agreement between Alaska Pacific University and U-Land, LLC. Photo by Alaska Aerial Media
Denali OB-GYN Clinic will locate on the third floor of the new Alaska Pacific Medical Center in the Anchorage U-Med District. The total size of the building is approximately 34,300 sq. ft. Rendering by KPB Architects