Alaska Chapter of CFMA Announcements and Schedule
General Membership Meeting on September 30
September General Membership Meeting (Speaker: Lynne Curry)
When: 30 September 2015 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Where: Davis Constructors & Engineers Office (6591 A Street Anchorage,AK)
Cost: $ 20 for CFMA members & $ 25 for non-members/guests
Hope everyone had a good summer, it’s that time of year when Alaska’s Last Frontier resumes our monthly lunch meetings and we have a good one lined up for September and we hope you can join us.
Lynne Curry will be the guest speaker and she’ll be discussing “Hiring for Emotional Intelligence Without Violating ADA” as the topic. Lynne is the President of the Growth Company (https://www.thegrowthcompany.com) and a well known and respected professional in the business consulting world, particularly on issues related to human resources management. Lynne has spoken at CFMA events in the past, has work regularly published in various publications and we greatly look forward to her presentation on this important topic. Be sure to get your RSVP no later then 9/15.
Lunch will be provided by Q’doba and we want to extend a special thanks to Davis Constructors & Engineers for making available their conference room for this event.
CFMA Fall Schedule 2015
Note: All General membership meetings are 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- September 30: General Membership Meeting @ Davis Constructors & Engineers Office with Lynne Curry of the Growth Company as guest speaker presenting “Hiring for Emotional Intelligence”
- October 28: General Membership Meeting @ First National Bank Alaska with Mike Mason of FNBA presenting “Fraud & Security Concerns for Alaska businesses”
- November 17: General Membership Meeting @ BP Energy Center with Chris Ross of Ross Performance Group LLC presenting “Business Performance Improvement”
- December: TBD – Tentative Jobsite Walkthrough with more details in coming weeks.
- January 27: General Membership Meeting @ First National Bank Alaska with Rick Birdsall of the Growth Company presenting “Marijuana in the workplace, what Alaskans need to know”.
Lunch Meeting Discount
If you prepay for the 2015-2016 general membership lunch meetings before the September 30th meeting, you get 7 lunches for the price of 6. For members it would be $ 120 to pre-pay for the year, for non-members it would be $ 150 to pre-pay. We can accept checks made out to Alaska’s Last Frontier Chapter of CFMA or we can run it on a credit card at the September meeting.
CFMA Board of Directors
While Alaska’s Last Frontier Chapter of CFMA doesn’t have general membership meetings during the summer months, the board of directors have been meeting monthly since April working to plan out the 2015-2016 schedule and we appreciate all they do for this great organization. This year board of directors are:
- President – Christopher Pobieglo, Business Insurance Associates Inc.
- Vice President – Shane Baird, Thomas Head & Griesen
- Secretary – Sheila Hill, Davis Constructors & Engineers
- Treasurer – Diana Morlan, First National Bank Alaska
- Membership Coordinator – Rob Hemmen, Alutiiq LLC
The board of directors are all volunteer and we always welcome interested parties who’d like to get engaged with CFMA on a higher level. If you have an interest in serving on the board of directors or helping with committees, please contact one of the board members and let us know.
If you’re not currently a member of CFMA and are interested in membership, please contact Rob Hemmen at email@example.com.