Join NIHB and Tribal leaders across Indian Country for the Affordable Care Act National Tribal Day of Action. Today, all American Indians and Alaska Natives are encouraged to learn more about the health insurance options available under the Affordable Care Act. Many Indian Health Service (IHS), Tribal and urban Indian clinics will also be hosting outreach, education and enrollment events. Be sure to tell your family, friends and community members about the Affordable Care Act so that everyone is afforded the opportunity to improve their health.
If your IHS, Tribal or urban Indian clinic is hosting an event today, please share your experiences with us and the rest of Indian country! Take photos of your events and send to Dawn Coley at email@example.com or post to NIHB's Facebook and/or Twitter.
You can also use the Open Enrollment Toolkit to share information about the Affordable Care Act which includes:
If you are not hosting an outreach and enrollment event today, there are several opportunities in the future coming up to participate. Here is the calendar of all upcoming Tribal Days of Action:
- November 3, 2015: ACA National Tribal Day of Action
- Week of November 16, 2015: ACA Native American Week of Action
- November 18, 2015: AIAN Benefits Fair, ACA Enrollment, PIMC, Phoenix, AZ
- December 3, 2015: ACA National Tribal Day of Action
- December 8, 2015: Urban Indian Outreach and Enrollment Event, Phoenix, AZ
- December 10, 2015: Tribal LGBT Two Spirit Day of Action
- December 14, 2015; Urban Indian Outreach and Enrollment Event, Dallas, TX
- January 7, 2016: Urban Indian Outreach and Enrollment Event, Rapid City, SD
- January 11, 2016: Urban Indian Outreach and Enrollment Event, Anchorage, AK
- January 20, 2016: Urban Indian Outreach and Enrollment Event, Tulsa, OK
- January 21st, 2016: Urban Indian Outreach and Enrollment Event, Oklahoma City, OK