Meetings and Events coming to Fairbanks in October
Fairbanks, Alaska (AK) – Conventions, conferences, meetings and events held in the Golden Heart of Alaska bring attendees, participants and spectators to the community that positively impact the local economy. The Estimated Direct Attendee Spending (EDAS) is a nationally-accepted economic impact calculation of meetings based on the factors of number of out-of-town meeting attendees, number of nights in a local lodging facility and an average expenditure rate. The calculation does not include economic-model multipliers.
According to Helen Renfrew, Director of Meetings and Conventions at Explore Fairbanks, Fairbanks will welcome the following groups during the month of October totaling more than $250,000 EDAS:
- Bering Sea Fishermen’s Association, Yukon River Comprehensive Salmon Plan, 10/4-5, 50 participants, EDAS $9,360
- Autism Society of Alaska Golden Heart Affiliate, 2nd Annual Alaska Autism Conference, 10/5-6, 300 participants, EDAS $25,200
- Alaska State Veterinary Medical Association Annual Symposium, 10/6-8, 50 participants, EDAS $86,400
- State of Alaska Coalition on Housing and Homelessness, Annual Conference, 10/16-18, 120 participants, EDAS $86,400
- Fairbanks North Star Borough School District, College & Career Fair, 10/18, 116 participants, EDAS $43,200
These are meetings being assisted by Explore Fairbanks; the list does not encompass all meetings and events in Fairbanks. For a Meeting Planner Guide and more information on how to plan a meeting in Fairbanks through the Golden Heart Meeting Ambassador program, call the Explore Fairbanks Meetings and Conventions Department at (907) 459-3765or visit www.meetfairbanks.com to view an electronic copy of the guide and complete an online meeting request for proposal form.
About Explore Fairbanks
Explore Fairbanks is a non-profit marketing and management organization whose mission is to be an economic driver in the Fairbanks region by marketing to potential visitors and optimizing the visitor experience. Explore Fairbanks markets Fairbanks as a year-round destination by promoting local events, attractions and activities to independent travelers, group tour operators, travel agents, meeting planners and the media as well as by developing public policy and infrastructure to achieve marketing objectives. Find out more at explorefairbanks.com.