Weekly Coal Production Report: September 26, 2013
The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended September 21, 2013.
For the week ended September 21:
• U.S. coal production totaled approximately 19.3 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 5.2 percent lower than last week's estimate and 0.7 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2012
• Coal production east of the Mississippi River totaled 8.2 mmst
• Coal production west of the Mississippi River totaled 11.1 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 727.7 mmst, 2.3 percent lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2012