Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport's September Community Council Topics, Open House Sept. 19
(Anchorage, Alaska) -- Meeting topics presented by the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport to area community councils are available on our website's Community interest page http://dot.alaska.gov/anc/about/CommunityCouncilTopics_September2012.pdf and below.
September Community Council Topics
1. Part 150 Noise Study: consultant completed summer noise monitoring and is developing draft noise contours for an early November meeting. Meeting time TBD. Web site is: www.anc150study.com
2. Master Plan: Finalizing project scope, issues and goals, and public involvement plan after completing outreach meetings. We will hold a public Open House on Wednesday, September 19, 2012, from 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. at the Coast International Inn, McKinley Room, 3450 Aviation Avenue, Anchorage, Alaska. No website yet, but can email email@example.com to send comments, questions and request to receive notifications/updates.
3. Aviation Forecast: 1.4% annual growth in aircraft operations projected through 2030. Will have presentation of forecast coincident with Master Plan Public Meeting on September 19th.
4. The only significant construction projects at airport through end of year are:
- a. Taxiway E and RON 2 Reconstruction near C Concourse
- b. Replacement of 7 concrete panels on Runway 7R
- c. East Airpark Storm Drain Extension and Postmark Storm Drain Repair may get under way
- d. Security fence around Kulis Aircraft Parking Apron and access road from airfield directly to fire station.
- e. Parking Garage Escalator Replacement
5. ANC recently complete some re-grading and seeding of an area where trees were removed at Point Woronzof between the road and coastal trail. An area of about 1 acre.
6. Contract was awarded for demolition of six duplexes in the LHD Strip Runway Protection Zone at the end of Wendy’s Way. Not sure yet when work will begin, but it must be completed by July 31, 2013.
7. Additional 4 Tanks at AFSC Tank farm expected to be 100% complete by end of
8. Concessions recently opened:
- a. Alaska Dog Haus at Hex End of B Concourse. Secure side of passenger screening
- b. Cinnabon at Hex End of B Concourse. Secure side of passenger screening
9. Concessions opening later this year:
- a. Grizzly Pizza at the entrance to A-Concourse. Non-secure side of passenger screening
- b. Silver Gulch Brewing Company across from Chili's. Secure side of passenger screening
- a. Demolition complete
- b. Clean up of some contamination at the old POL facility through September.
- c. NAM operating out of the old cafeteria to support passengers on Shell flights to north slope at least thru Dec, maybe long term.
- d. Planning to issue a request for proposals from potential tenants in September to lease 4 of the upland buildings long-term.
11. Health Fair at the South Terminal on 9/27 from 8A-12P. Health screenings, Flu Shots, mobile mammography (9A-12N).
12. Next LHD user group meeting is 24 Sept 6-8pm, LHD Office
13. Sign up for GovDelivery at anchorageairport.com to receive emails on all sorts of DOT related things.
The Department of Transportation and Public Facilities oversees 255 airports, 11 ferries serving 35 communities, 5,619 miles of highway and 720 public facilities throughout the state of Alaska. The mission of the department is to Get Alaska Moving through service and infrastructure.