Move Outside on National Public Lands Day!
ANCHORAGE – The BLM Campbell Creek Science Center and MOA Anchorage Parks and Recreation say, “Let’s Move Outside” on National Public Lands Day, Saturday, September 24, 2011.
This theme is tied to the First Lady’s “Let’s Move!” campaign, an effort to raise healthier kids (see www.letsmove.gov/ and www.letsmove.gov/letsmoveoutside.php). Fall is a great time to get out, move around, and spruce up your favorite parcel of public land!
Trail Volunteer Projects 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
· Meet at the BLM Campbell Creek Science Center, off 68th Ave & Elmore Road.
· Wear warm clothes, boots, and gloves.
· Register from 8:30 – 9 a.m.
· Trail projects run 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
· Free pizza lunch at the Science Center for all volunteers at 12:30 p.m.
· Singletrack Advocates: meet at the Kincaid lower parking lot near the scoreboard. Work on the Kincaid Singletrack will take place from 9 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
· Trail Watch NPLD project: Check in is at the Albrecht Ball Fields Parking Lot at 8:30 a.m. They will trail brush Old Rondy Trail from 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Campbell Creek Science Center Open House 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Join us for an afternoon of fun “moving” activities, live music, and refreshments during the Science Center’s Annual Open House. Try rock climbing, knot tying, disc golf, gold panning, backyard games and more. Don’t forget to pick up your free copy of the Science Center’s new poster calendar!
The Municipality of Anchorage is a “Take Pride in America City” under the Department of the Interior’s “Take Pride in America” program, a national partnership to expand volunteer service on America’s public lands. Each year the BLM and Anchorage Parks and Recreation sponsor volunteer events to maintain or improve recreation trails on Campbell Tract and Municipal park lands.