Buccaneer Energy CEO to Co-Present the North American Gas Summit’s Alaska Spotlight
Curtis Burton to Present on E&P Activities and Natural Gas Advocacy Efforts in the Alaska Region
HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Buccaneer Energy (ASX: BCC), an independent energy exploration and production company, today announced that its CEO, Curtis Burton, will participate on a panel discussing the future of Natural Gas in Alaska at the North American Gas Summit, in Washington D.C. on October 3, 2011.
"We see enormous potential for the production of natural gas within the region, that not only can supply the State, but help the U.S. move toward a more secure energy future."
The two-person panel, chaired by Guy Lewis, Managing Director, Exploration and Production for the Gas Technology Institute (GTI), will see Bill Walker, General Counsel to the Alaska Gasoline Port Authority, and Curtis Burton, CEO, Buccaneer Energy, discuss E&P activities and natural gas advocacy efforts in the Alaska region. Topics for discussion include:
- Fueling the state's economy and ensuring natural gas is a viable source to meet energy needs - Alaska's offshore waters and onshore prospects;
- The All-Alaska Gas Pipeline plan in the context of rising Asian gas prices, lower shipping costs and geographic proximity; and
- Assessing future plans of LNG export to Japan and Asia.
"I am extremely pleased to be participating in the Alaska Spotlight at the North American Gas Summit," said Curtis Burton, CEO of Buccaneer Energy. "We see enormous potential for the production of natural gas within the region, that not only can supply the State, but help the U.S. move toward a more secure energy future."
Buccaneer Energy Limited (ASX: BCC) is an energy exploration and production company. Through its wholly owned subsidiaries, Buccaneer Resources and Buccaneer Alaska, the U.S. headquartered independent is focused on acquiring significant working interests in undervalued, low-risk development properties that possess significant undeveloped upside potential. The Company places a premium on bringing both regional and local expertise to each opportunity, and as a result, its opportunistic approach to finding hydrocarbons is not limited by geographic considerations.
Buccaneer Resources is focused on the Gulf of Mexico, onshore opportunities in the lower 48 and certain international opportunities around the world. Under Buccaneer Resources, the Company operates its Pompano field and Lee County producing assets. Buccaneer Alaska focuses on developing opportunities in the Cook Inlet of Alaska which includes the Kenai onshore project and other offshore opportunities.
Contacts JMR Worldwide
Jay Morakis, 212-786-6037
Buccaneer Energy, LLC
Linnette Fike, 713-468-1678
Recent Stories from Buccaneer Energy, LLC
- Buccaneer Energy to Title Sponsor the Kenai Chamber of Commerce's 27th Annual Beer and Wine Experience September 08, 2011 ANCHORAGE, Alaska--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Buccaneer Energy announces that they have agreed to be the title sponsor on the Kenai Chamber's annual fund raiser. As a member of the community it is important... more »
- Buccaneer Energy's Subsidiary Kenai Offshore Ventures Finalizes Agreements with AIDEA to Bring a Drill Rig to the Cook Inlet of Alaska April 05, 2011 HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Buccaneer Energy (BCC) is putting the final pieces in place to bring the first rig to the Cook Inlet in over 16 years. On Friday, April 1st Alaska Industrial Development a... more »
- Buccaneer Energy (BCC) Announces The Promotion of Andy Rike February 17, 2011 HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Buccaneer Energy is pleased to announce the promotion of Mr. Andy Rike to Executive Vice President of Operations for Buccaneer Resources and Buccaneer Alaska. Mr. Rike has... more »
- Headquarters: Houston, Texas
- Website: www.BuccaneerResources.com
- CEO: Curtis Burton
- Employees: 6
- Organization: Private