ExxonMobil Helps Maximize Equipment Performance at Manufacturing Technology ShowCelebrates 50 Year Anniversary Supporting Technology Show
- Marks half of a century as the official lubricant supplier of International Manufacturing & Technology Show (IMTS)
- Showcases high-performance machine shop portfolio of Mobil Industrial Lubricants
- Premier Mobil-branded fluids, oils and greases keep exhibitors' machinery running efficiently
"This is an ideal setting for us to demonstrate how companies can use our products to help simplify maintenance, minimize unscheduled downtime and enhance equipment reliability"
Since 1960, Mobil-branded hydraulic fluids, spindle oils, gear lubricants, circulation oils, cutting fluids, compressor oils, coolants and greases are provided to exhibitors during North America's leading manufacturing technology show, which is held every even-numbered year in Chicago's McCormick Place.
"This is an ideal setting for us to demonstrate how companies can use our products to help simplify maintenance, minimize unscheduled downtime and enhance equipment reliability," said David Scheetz, senior equipment builder engineer for ExxonMobil Lubricants and Petroleum Specialties and former president for The Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers (STLE). "We are extremely proud to reach this significant milestone and celebrate ExxonMobil's long history of helping its customers around the world maximize their productivity through our wide range of expertly formulated lubricants and application expertise."
At this year's show, ExxonMobil will highlight several products in its portfolio, including:
- Mobil Vactra Numbered Oil Series: High-performance slideway oils that mitigate sliding friction to promote minimal component replacement. In addition, these lubricants deliver excellent rust and corrosion protection.
- Mobil DTE 10 Excel Hydraulic Fluid Series: Advanced hydraulic oils that are designed for both industrial and mobile high-pressure hydraulic systems used in numerous industrial and off-highway sectors. With more than 200 endorsements from leading original equipment manufacturers, Mobil DTE 10 Excel Series lubricants can help companies improve energy efficiency and extend oil and equipment life. In controlled field testing, Mobil DTE 10 Excel was measured to provide up to a six percent improvement in hydraulic pump efficiency compared to Mobil DTE 20 when operating in standard hydraulic applications.
- Mobil SHC Rarus 1020 Series Compressor Oils: Series of high-performance synthetic oils particularly suited for severe-service rotary screw and vane compressors applications. Mobil Rarus SHC 1020 lubricants can help extend oil life while maintaining long-term equipment protection, as recognized by more than 20 global compressor builders, and its proprietary technology enables it to achieve an oil drain of up to 8,000 hours, depending on application and operational conditions.
- Mobilmet Neat Cutting Oils: Innovative, technically advanced metalworking fluids designed to meet the performance targets of today's metalworking industry and equipment builders.
About Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM)
ExxonMobil, the largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, uses technology and innovation to help meet the world's growing energy needs. ExxonMobil holds an industry-leading inventory of resources, is the largest refiner and marketer of petroleum products, and its chemical company is one of the largest in the world. For more information, visit exxonmobil.com.
About ExxonMobil Lubricants and Petroleum Specialties
ExxonMobil Lubricants and Petroleum Specialties is a leading marketer of finished lubricants, asphalts and specialty products, as well as a leading supplier of lube base stocks.
About the International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS)
IMTS 2010 is the 28th edition of the premier manufacturing technology show in North America. More than 1,100 exhibiting companies will occupy 1.2 million net square feet of exhibit space at the McCormick Place complex in Chicago, Ill. IMTS is held every even-numbered year in Chicago and attracts more than 92,000 buyers and sellers from over 116 countries.
Posted: September 15, 2010
More Latest News »