Anchorage 5th Avenue Mall Shares Ideas for Residents Spending Their PFD Checks
ANCHORAGE October 2, 2014 — As Alaska residents receive their Permanent Fund Dividend (PFD) checks today, Anchorage 5th Avenue Mall is sharing its curated list of retailers to visit for those planning a celebratory shopping spree.
- LUSH, the mall’s newest store, is known for its upscale handmade cosmetics and bath products, is the perfect spot to pick up some goodies for a little pampering. The cosmetics store is Alaska’s first and only LUSH location, offering a wide selection of organic shampoos, facial cleaners, masks and shaving cream, body soaps, lotions and perfumes.
- Michael Kors, also exclusive to Anchorage 5th Avenue, is a one-stop-shop for upgrading your purse game. With accessories ranging from key chains and phone cases, to wallets, clutches and bags, this store can help refresh your everyday look. Plus, a must-have for every woman’s winter wardrobe: the Michael Kors’ puffer coat. This warm, down-filled jacket is a staple, perfect for wearing anywhere—from the city to the mountain—to stay warm in style.
- Buckle is a great place to start that impending holiday shopping for everyone in the house. Men’s, women’s and kid’s departments feature clothing and accessories from brands including BKE, Affliction, Rock Revival, Miss Me and Big Star. This location is also the only store in Alaska.
- Sephora at Anchorage 5th Avenue is Alaska’s first and only location, and has everything you need to transition your makeup, manicure and hair care for the fall season.
- An Apple iPod, MacBook or the new iPhone 6 could be the best holiday gift you give family, friends, or yourself this year.
“With so much excitement around the PFD checks hitting accounts today, we thought it would be fun to help people dream up their shopping wish lists,” said Kari Skinner, Director of Marketing and Business Development at the mall. “We’re excited to see how people use their refunds and anticipate lots of retail therapy happening here at 5th Avenue Mall in the coming weeks.”
About Anchorage 5th Avenue Mall
Anchorage 5th Avenue Mall is a distinctive, five level shopping center surrounded by the buzz of Anchorage’s downtown core. Boasting more than 110 stores ranging from jewelry to electronics to women’s apparel, nowhere else in Alaska offers more choices. Shoppers seek out its unmatched retail lineup with the only Nordstrom, jcpenney, Apple Store, Banana Republic, bareMinerals, bebe, Coach, Michael Kors, Sephora, Buckle and Teavana in the state of Alaska. The award winning Sullivan’s Steakhouse is a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
Simon is a global leader in retail real estate ownership, management and development and a S&P100 company (Simon Property Group, NYSE:SPG). Our industry-leading retail properties and investments across North America, Europe and Asia provide shopping experiences for millions of consumers every day and generate billions in annual sales. For more information, visit simon.com.