Register Today for Legal Landscape of Tribal Renewable Energy Development Conference Nov. 21-22
Register by Nov. 1 to Receive Discounted Registration Rate
The Office of Indian Energy and the Indian Legal Program (ILP) at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University are co-hosting a two-day conference November 21-22 on the legal issues and considerations for developing renewable energy projects in Indian Country. Speakers from the federal and private sectors will present on the following topics:
- Federal Indian laws and regulations on leasing and right-of-ways, including the HEARTH Act and Tribal Energy Resource Agreements
- National Environmental Policy Act and National Historic Preservation Act
- State jurisdiction and taxation
- Transmission, including the power marketing authorities and legal authorities at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Contracting considerations for leases, development agreements, and power purchase agreements
- Corporate structures and project ownership.
The conference will take place Thursday, November 21, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday, November 22, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This activity may qualify for up to 10 General Continuing Legal Education and at least 1.5 Ethics/Professional Responsibility Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) credits for the State Bar of Arizona. New Mexico MCLE board approval is pending.
- Early registration rate (before Nov. 1): $350
- Regular registration rate (before Nov. 14): $425
- On-site registration rate: $500
- Special 25th Anniversary ILP alumni rate (before Nov. 14): $300
- Elected tribal leaders: FREE (but advance registration required). Call Darlene Lester at 480-965-7715 or email email@example.com.
Arizona State University
Memorial Union, Turquoise Ballroom MU 220
301 East Orange Street
Tempe, AZ 85281
Copyright © 2013 U.S. Department of Energy Office of Indian Energy, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Office of Indian Energy
Policy and Programs
1000 Independence Ave. SW
Washington DC 20585
Posted: October 31, 2013