Delegation Announces Grants to Alaska Programs Oct 19, 2012
Washington, D.C. - The Alaska Congressional Delegation is pleased to announce the following grants:
U.S. Department of Agriculture â€“ Rural Development
- $554,140 Community Connect grant to Tanadgusix Corporation in Saint Paul to bring broadband access to residents, community buildings and businesses.
- $483,000 Public Television Digital Transition grant to Capital Community Broadcasting, Inc. of Juneau, for digital master control and production equipment to complete the digital transition for the station. The new equipment will be used to provide locally originated television services and programming.
- $175,000 Rural Cooperative Development grant to the University of Alaska â€“ Anchorage to support an existing center that will conduct cooperative development throughout the state.
- $158,656 Tribal College Initiative grant to Ilisagvik Tribal College in Barrow to modernize its transportation fleet to meet growing demand for onsite employee training.
- $50,000 Housing Preservation grant to the Metlakatla Housing Authority for health and safety repairs to eight very low and low income individual owned homes for elders in Metlakatla.
U.S. Department of Justice
- $48,863 Bulletproof Vest Partnership award to 15 jurisdictions in Alaska for purchase of bulletproof vests for local and state law enforcement.