Seasonal Flu Information for Businesses & EmployeesThe single best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get a yearly flu vaccine, but good health habits and antiviral medications are other measures that can help protect against the flu.
To help businesses, employers, and their employees learn about these strategies for preventing flu, CDC provides the following Toolkit, flyers, posters, and other materials to post and distribute in the workplace.
Materials for Businesses to Promote Vaccination
Make It Your Business To Fight The Flu: A Toolkit for Businesses and Employers
Promoting the 2010 - 2011 Seasonal Flu Vaccine
The purpose of "Make It Your Business To Fight The Flu: A Toolkit for Businesses and Employers" is to provide information and recommended strategies to help businesses and employers promote the 2010 - 2011 seasonal flu vaccine.
The Toolkit includes:
Make It Your Business To Fight The Flu: A Toolkit for Businesses and Employers [Entire Toolkit, 2.72 MB, 7 ½" x 10"]
Recommended Strategies for Businesses and Employers [117.67 KB, 7 ½" x 10"].
Learn what two strategies are recommended to businesses and employers this flu season.
Promoting Seasonal Flu Vaccination: A Checklist for Businesses and Employers [117.67 KB, 7 ½" x 10"].
Use this checklist to get started.
Flu Vaccine Clinic Here! [117.67 KB, 7 ½" x 10"]
Host a flu vaccine clinic in the workplace and use this flyer. Complete with fillable text boxes so you can add the location, date, and time of your flu vaccine clinic.
You Need a Flu Vaccine [117.67 KB, 7 ½" x 10"].
Encourage employees to get vaccinated at locations in the community. Navigate to the Flu Vaccine Finder website to find locations offering flu vaccine then update the flyer and post.
Note to Self [117.67 KB, 7 ½" x 10"].
Share this flyer with employees to encourage flu vaccination. Consider posting this in the workplace, or copy and place in mailboxes or include in pay statements or newsletters.
Note to Employers [117.67 KB, 7 ½" x 10"]. Use this flyer with other workplace managers to kickoff discussions about flu vaccination planning.
CDC Says "Take 3 Actions" To Fight The Flu. [153 KB, 11" x 17"]. Use this brochure and poster to promote flu vaccination.
Key Facts about Influenza (Flu) & Flu Vaccine [117.67 KB, 7 ½" x 10"]. Know the answers to questions about the seasonal flu and vaccination.
Links [102.64 KB, 7 ½" x 10"]. Helpful links for businesses and employers.
- CDC Seasonal Flu Website
- What's New on Seasonal Flu (check back regularly!)
- Seasonal Flu Video and Audio Tools (great to use in meetings!)
- Questions and Answers about Seasonal Flu
- More Information about Flu Vaccination
- What You Should Know about Flu Antiviral Drugs Fact Sheet [989 KB, 8 ½" x 11"]
- More Information from CDC and HHS on Seasonal and Pandemic Flu
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases, Help Reduce Flu at Work [132 KB, 8 ½" x 11"]
- National Business Group on Health, Vaccinating Against the Flu: A Business Case [141 KB, 8 ½" x 11"]
Print Materials. Take advantage of helpful materials for businesses to learn about seasonal flu, plus additional posters and brochures.
- Everyday Preventive Actions That Can Help Fight Germs, Like Flu [2.04 MB, 8 ½" x 11"]
- Who Needs a Flu Vaccine [8.76 MB, 18" x 24"]
- CDC Says "Take 3 Actions" To Fight The Flu. [153 KB, 11" x 17"]
- Flu & You [6.22 MB, 11" x 8 ½"]
- Cover Your Cough [321 KB, 8 ½" x 11"]
- Inactivated Influenza Vaccine [477 KB, 8 ½" x 11"]
- Live, Intranasal Influenza Vaccine [477 KB, 8 ½" x 11"]
- More Free Print Materials
Posted: October 8, 2010
More Government & Politics »