City-wide energy conservation test tonight, 6-8 p.m.
The Municipality of Anchorage holds its voluntary Energy Watch conservation test tonight, Wed., Oct. 20, between 6 and 8 p.m. Citizens and businesses are asked to do the following:
- Set the thermostat in living areas to 65 degrees, and 40 in the garage
- Lower water heater setting to "warm" or "vacation"
- Minimize use of natural gas ranges and fireplaces
- Postpone laundry and dishes
- Turn off unnecessary lights and electronics
- Measure how much energy could be conserved in the event of an energy emergency
- Raise awareness about the Energy Watch program in general