SEARHC WIC office hosts flu vaccination clinic in Juneau
JUNEAU, November 05, 2013 –
WHAT: Public Health is coming in to the SEARHC WIC clinic to provide flu shots
WHERE: The SEARCH WIC office in Juneau, 3245 Hospital Drive
WHEN: The vaccination clinic will be held on November 20th from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
WHO: Alaska Public Health in cooperation with the SEARHC WIC clinic
WHY: The Public Health department and SEARHC are holding this flu vaccination clinic to provide additional, convenient times and locations for those that wish to have a flu vaccine to get one.
CONTACTS: Christy Wallace, SEARHC WIC Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (907) 463-4096
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Public Health is coming in to the SEARHC WIC clinic to provide flu shots Vaccine eligibility at the Juneau Public Health Center is as follows and will apply at the SEARHC WIC clinic on November 20th:
Child (under age 18) Eligibility
- 0 through 35 months of age (regardless of insurance)
- Enrolled in Medicaid (e.g. Denali KidCare)
- Alaska Native/American Indian
- Does not have health insurance
- Their health insurance does not cover the vaccine(s) they will receive
- You have not met your deductible or co-pay for vaccination coverage
- Must have no insurance, Medicare part A only, AlaskaCare, cannot access the vaccine elsewhere, or insurance does not cover the cost of the vaccine.
- Adult Medicaid, Medicare with parts A & B, and SEARHC clients are not eligible to receive the flu vaccine from the public health center since their insurance and/or provider covers the vaccine.
*Fees will be assessed for all clinic services and may be adjusted on a sliding scale based on family income. No one is refused service at the public health center due to inability to pay.
For individuals who can’t make it to the WIC flu vaccination clinic the Juneau Public Health Department has vaccine appointments available daily for children and adults, Monday thru Friday. Call (907) 465-3353 for an appointment.