APFC Board reviews Fund’s Investments, Performance
NOV 22 - The Alaska Permanent Fund Board of Trustees reviewed the Permanent Fund’s investment structure and recent investment performance at its regular meeting in Anchorage on Wednesday and Thursday. The Board also heard presentations on portfolio risk measurement, structure modeling and areas of potential concern and opportunity in global stock markets.
- A review of the Fund’s present risk posture measured against parameters outlined in the Board’s Investment Policy.
- Discussions of the structure of the major asset classes and the effects of portfolio structure on return for the stock, bond, real estate, absolute return, private equity and infrastructure portfolios.
- An overview of the Fund’s investment performance for the first quarter of fiscal year 2014 by the Board’s general consultant, Callan Associates.
- The status of the private equity market in general and the Fund’s investments in this asset class by Callan Associates.
- A review of the real return mandate managed by GMO.
The Board’s next regular meeting will be held in Juneau on February 26 & 27.