Edit ModuleShow Tags
Edit ModuleShow Tags

2014 State Parks day use and boat launch decals available for purchase


(Anchorage, AK) – The 2014 Alaska State Parks annual day use and boat launch decals are now available for purchase online or in person at the Department of Natural Resources’ Public Information Centers in Anchorage and Fairbanks.

To purchase the decals online, go to www.alaskastateparks.org and click on the sample decals to be taken to a secure site for online purchasing. The receipt from an online purchase may be used as a temporary pass for up to 10 days following the receipt date. Decals will be mailed the next business day after the purchase.

To purchase decals in person, go to the Anchorage Public Information Center in the Robert B. Atwood Building, located at 550 West 7th Ave., Suite 1260 or the Fairbanks Public Information Center, located at 3700 Airport Way. By mid-November, decals also will be available for purchase at Alaska State Parks offices around the state and three additional locations in Anchorage:  the Alaska Public Lands Information Center, REI, and Alaska Mountaineering and Hiking.

Park decals are valid for a calendar year, from January 1 through December 31. In addition, the 2014 decals will be honored for the remainder of 2013, providing up to 14 months of recreational opportunities within the Alaska State Park system.

Day use decals are $40. Two day-use decals may be purchased for $60 when purchasing the decals for the same household with the same address.  Boat launch decals are $75, but two decals may be purchased for $115 when purchased for the same household. Third and subsequent decals are $40 for day use and $75 for boat launch. A set of day use and boat launch decals may be purchased as a “combo set” for $100.  All decals must be permanently affixed per the instructions on the decal and cannot be transferred to another person.

Alaska State Parks also issues a free camping pass to U.S. military veterans with a service-connected disability. The pass is issued for a two year period which began in 2013 and is valid through 2014. Camping passes are available at the Anchorage and Fairbanks Public Information Centers. To receive a pass, veterans must present a Veteran’s Universal Access card with “service connected disability” printed under their photograph, or a current year letter from the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs stating the veteran’s disability rating and a photo ID. 

For more information, contact the Anchorage Public Information Center at 269-8400 or the Fairbanks Public Information Center at 451-2706, Monday through Friday, between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.

Edit Module

Add your comment: